Sunday, February 10, 2013

Bruxelles, Numero Sept [A Quiet Weekend]

Last weekend, my flatmate and I decided that we would spend a quiet Sunday in town.  The original plan was to go forth and find the comic strip museum.  However, we ended up getting ridiculously lost.

Therefore, we wandered around Rue Dansaert, and ended up relaxing.

I was amused by the appearance of a vintage Vespa...

...and graffiti that read "reach for the sky."

When we got a bit parched, we came across a gorgeous tiny little tea shop.  However, the small size meant that we had to wait for one of the six tables.  But it was worth it!

We ordered Earl Grey French Blue tea...

...and the dessert sampler: rice cake, cheesecake, chocolate cake and apple cake!

We also got a side serving of friendly, neighborhood dog.

We continued along our little trek and found something unusual: escargot.  Now, I've tried snails before.  But never have I tried snails that came out of a food truck, named Chez Jeff, where the snails have apparently earned world-claim fame.

If you ever want to try them, head to the area around La Bourse at five or six in the evenings.

To be honest, my tongue was tingling afterwards.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment