Instead of an actual post, I give you a short slice-of-life post today.
TOP FIVE REASONS I LOVE THE GRAND PLACE:
1. I love people watching, from the wedding shots, to the tourists who jump for their pictures.
2. It's right near the best fries (in my humble opinion) and a fun bar (Delirium Tremens, anyone?).
3. The guy who sells his artwork there lets me look, even if I don't buy.
4. There's always something happening: from the guy singing opera at eight at night, to the drunken Frenchmen at five in the morning.
5. It's just beautiful.
TOP FIVE AREAS OF BRUSSELS (INCLUDING PLACES I NEED TO GO):
1. Grand Place
3. Rogier (just because the City2 mall is located here)
4. Rue Dansaert (which is a huge party area)
TOP FIVE PARTY MOMENTS I REMEMBER:
1. Vesalius College hosted pub crawl: Granted, this was for the study abroad orientation, but it was still fun.
2. Two Manchester girls, four guys from the states, plus our little gang. And the party went until 7 am...
3. Going to a masquerade held inside a (temporarily) converted art gallery and drinking Moet champagne.
4. Learning how to play "Asshole" (a card game) while teaching people how to blow smoke bubbles with a hookah pipe.
5. One very special word: CARNIVAL.